martes, 5 de julio de 2011

Day 37: Megan + Madrid = Madness

After a yucky morning of being locked IN my house (that's right, the door locked from the INSIDE so that I COULD NOT open the front door to leave no matter how HARD I tried. I literally had to wake Maria up and ask her to come help. It was ridiculous) and then missing my bus because of it, and then showing up to class late and having my Spanish Business teacher hate me and pick on me all class long... I was seriously ready for a trip to Madrid with Megan. :)

We met up at the train station at 5:30 and went into Madrid. While on the uber croweded metro, I felt something all up on my booty. I dismissed it as somebody's bag and continued chatting with Megan, but as time went on, I realized this particular "bag" was starting to get fresh with me... I asked Megan to check to see what was going on and the expression on her face as she peered behind me was PRICELESS. Her eyes got REALLY big and her jaw dropped. "Ass grabber! Ass grabber!" she squealed! Omg. Nasty, guys. Wth? Haha. The perils of taking public transportation at rush hour... jeeze louise. At least I learned to always back my booty up to a wall or in a chair while on a crowded metro... but damn.

Below is a photo we took of the Ass Grabber as he fled after we figured him out. If only I were as badass as Megan or L, I totally woulda smacked the guy in the face, but seeing as I'm not either of them and am instead cute little me, I thought the whole situation was a riot. God, I'm weird.


Our first stop on our journey was Templo de Debod. It's this random seeming Egyptian temple that was given to Spain by Egypt a long time ago... haha. It's kinda cool to see the juxtaposition of it next to the city of huge, modern(ish) buildings! ^_^ I had to take a picture with it doing the Walk Like an Egyptian pose. ;)


Ah, yes. This little shops called "Ferreterias" are all over the place in Spain. At first glance, I believed it to be a Ferret shop, but alas it means "Hardware Store." What a let down...


Since the day we arrived in Spain, Megan had been demanding a boat ride in Retiro Park. And so we finally made her dream come true. :oD The learning curve of rowing a boat is surprisingly steep... but once they pushed us out of the dock, we were... well... not awful at it. We crashed into about four other boats... but nobody seemed to mind so we pretended we were playing a quaint European game of "Bumper Boats." ;)


Being the vain little Coloradan girls that we are, we made sure to rest for plenty of photoshoot moments along the way. ^_^


And then, it was Megan's turn to row!


Rowing gives a girl some serious muscles... like damn!


We bumped into another boat filled with three little Spaniards who were eager to practice their English. We obliged them in exchange for one of their glasses of smuggled rum and Lemon Fanta. Delish!


After being the last to get our boat to shore (no surprise there - lol), we tried to go to El Tigre (a famous tapas bar near Chueca), but it turned out that Tuesdays were their only night they were closed... so we wandered around Chueca, got a hamburger, a mojito and a tinto de verano and then wandered some more and stumbled upon a "very swanky" bar called "El deseo de Maria." The bartender was just the cutest, most sweetest little guy you've ever met. He kept refering to his "boy" and showed us pictures of his adorable Shar pei puppy, Clea. ^_^ After bonding with the little man, we got the balls to ask for his contact info so we could hang out with him soon (this was his last night at the bar, so we wouldn't be able to go back to hang out with him... and we couldn't stand the thought of meeting somebody so sweet and just never seeing him again... lol). He actually was very excited we asked and wrote down his email and facebook info to give to us! CUUUUTE!!! ^_^

Minus not getting home 'til 3 am because of the dumb late night metro and bus service, I had a hoot hang'n with Megan in Madrid! YAY!

XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario