martes, 19 de julio de 2011

Day 51: Chill as a Cucumber 'n Happy as a Clam

I was thirty minutes late to class. I knew I would miss the first bus in the name of getting all cute for school for a change... but I was not prepared to miss the second bus. Nor was I prepared to meet a little old lady at the bus stop who talked my ear of for 15 minutes about the weather, my cute sandals, her foot/toe surgery and who-knows-what-else. In the whole time she only asked me two questions (both of which were si/no responses)... she never even figured out I was American / only understood a half of what she was saying! WOO! >_< Lol.

In the middle of class (once I FINALLY was gracious enough to SHOW UP) my phone started going off. "It's not even 10 am yet... who the heck would be txting me... much less multiple txts?? I don't even have credit left and L knows that... so it's not like she'd be txting me" I thought to myself. I figured it was Megan's phone out of credit again sending me copious amounts of "this person wants to speak with you but is a broke ass" messages... so when I looked at my phone and two were from L and one was from my phone company, I was confuzzled.

The first message was really cute. :) L's second message was just confusing: "Let me know if u got it. xoxo" The third one, from the company, was to tell me that money had been added to my phone!! ^_^


Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!


It was the sweetest little surprise ever. I have no idea how she came up with it, but really... damn. The thought of going all day without any phone credit had not helped my mood when I realized I'd missed two buses... so when POOF! I suddenly was able to txt again, I was sooooooo grateful and happy!! Thanks, L! <3
At lunch, I saw Megan and realized we were bascially dressed the same. >_< Brother. So, naturally, I had to have a picture of this thing that happened "por causualidad." Haha. We were both trying to pull off our best, "I'm not American! I'm an Espanola!" look...


As we got out of our first class of the day early, Dave and I decided to make random askaninja - IN SPAIN and about ART HISTORY videos. It was pretty successful... not gonna lie.

 

Later on I met up with L in the Malasana district and had tea and a brownie a la mode at the cutest little cafe you ever did see while she sipped on a tinto de verano (omg yum). It was a pretty adorable way to conclude the day - like, if I could live like that every week, I'd call my life an official success. "What'd you do after school/work?" "Oh, nothing much. Met up with "a girl" at an adorably quaint and boho-chic cafe and sipped tea and had a pastry while we talked about our days and our travel plans together for the weekend."


This. Is. Real. Life. O_O <-- incredulous. <3

XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario