lunes, 25 de julio de 2011

Days 54-56: The Pithy Version

Friday morning was spent with Dave and our mission to get tapas for breakfast. Haha. I finally got to El Tigre and while being a wee bit buzzed at for breakfast was something that's only happened to me once before, it was still a pretty funny feeling. Oh, Tinto de Verano - you're not supposed to have enough alcohol content to get a girl feeling dizzy in the A.M. Haha. El Tigre gave us a serious heaping plate of tapas along with our drinks and we managed the whole affair for 5 euro. Damn. When she told us the price and my jaw dropped, the lady giggled and said, "Yeah,we're real inexpensive here." Hee hee. Her little 11 year old son was serving the tapas in his little mini-sized wifebeater and it all felt so very quaint and Spanish. There were business men there on a quick break with their beer and heaping plate of tapas as well as just the average, everyday dude reading a paper with his feast. Charming. The rest of the day was spent picking up his cousin and friend from the airport, going home to pack my bag and then leaving home for the long weekend (Monday's a holiday here).

Saturday was a lazy day (muy perezoso) filled with Spanish MTV, grocery shopping run and a stroll through the uber cheap Spanish version of Kohl's. We'd been reading a magazine with those pages where they have stars' looks and then how you can pull it off for cheap and I found a pic of Leighton Meister in a really cute lemony get-up and the cheap version of it was 6 euro! Needless to say, my lemon-dress radar found the lemon dress in no time and I quickly ran for the dressing room. The dressing room smelled like fresh lemons and I had a split second where I wondered if my lemon dress wasn't a scratch and sniff variety as well... but it quickly occurred to me that in fact the room had just been cleaned with lemon spray - phew!

Sunday was an exploring day! Yay! We walked around for almost eight hours and I was beyond pooped by the end of it, but the little town was so adorably quaint and it was quite worth it! ^_^


 Being silly outside the Royal Palace. ^_^

 Woohoo!!

Tra la la!!

 Mini taxi! *beep beep*

 Adorable! <3

 The tree had never felt so loved! ;)


XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario