lunes, 1 de agosto de 2011

Day 64: Sea Day

I awoke to a hushed room and the door to the balcony open. There, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, a mini, warm chocolate croissant and a glass of chilled orange juicy awaited me. As I sat outside, gazing at the sunny, sparkling sea I felt as if it were a scene from one of the uber chic and glamorous Sex and the City movies - way surreal. Damn.



*later*
GREETINGS FROM THE WESTERN SHORES OF CORSICA!

I spent my afternoon sunbathing on the top deck. ← Way to be a cruise ship BUM. Hell yes!


It was pretty crowded, as I got up there around 2 pm, so finding an open chair was a little bit tricky. As soon as I found one on the side of the ship I wanted (half of the ship is a little windy and half is just blissfully sunny), I asked the guy next to it if anybody were using it. He sorta stared at me funny and I went to ask him in Spanish, but he nodded and said I could use it. ← Insert strange sideways look here.

I laid out my towel, took off my cover up and plugged into my iPod. Every moment I would show signs of life, Boy Next to Me would take the opportunity to talk to me. I quickly found out Boy Next to Me was actually Baby Boy Next to Me 'cause he was only 17 and going into 12th grade – AWW. Giggle!
Anyway, Baby Boy brought me a fruit plate while we were out there sunbathing and his family came by a few times to check up on him – haha. You should have seen the look on his father's face when he noticed his son was speaking to a real girl in a bikini. ← If only I actually looked 22, his father probably woulda peed his little swim trunks.

After I left Baby Boy, I met Grandma at the pool bar for a Strawberry Daquiri and they went off to the water slides. Sunbathing Part II resulted in a bit of a burn around the edges (reapplying sunscreen – oopsies, I totally forgot about that small detail)... crispy girl! When they returned from their aquatic journey, it was time for a Banana Daquiri. Grandma whispered something to Sam and Sam, with a perplexed look on his face, walked over to me and asked if I'd like a fruit plate. ← Haha – Clever. Very clever.

A trip to the arcade later (Sam and I won 105 tickets playing “Deal or no Deal” - hell yeah) and we were back to the room for a shower and House M.D. Currently, Sam and I are watching a Nickelodeon show, “Ni hao, Kai Lan” and they just sang a song: “Even when you're mad. Hitting is always bad. Use your words!” The Koala wanted the panda plate but the hippo took it, so the Koala had to learn to use his words and tell the hippo how he felt. It was dorky. But it was surprisingly a useful thing to teach just about everyone. Perhaps people don't hit much past the age of 5 (I hope), but you could sing, “Even when you're mad. 'You phrases' are always bad. Use your words!” ;) ← By the end of the show, Sam and I were singing and clapping to the song and Grandma was laughing at us.

Grandma is off exploring the ship and Sam and I are watching Dora the Explorer (haha – oh jeeze – SAM PLEASE CHANGE THE CHANNEL... oh we're good … watching Victorious in Spanish). We're meet'n up for drinks then dinner at Taste (the “contemporary cuisine” restaurant that we went to last night and is ridiculously yummy!! Last night? Garlic Parmesan polenta cake with tomato basil sauce to start and baked salmon with creamy penne pasta. Yummmy! AND we had a waiter who was from Brazil so I got to order in Portuguese! Success!! It's one of the restaurants “included” on the cruise so you can just keep ordering super tasty food and they can't do anything about it. Hello hella appetizers!). Mmmmm!!! <-- Woohoo!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario