lunes, 22 de agosto de 2011

Day 78: McDonald's Euro Value Menu, Planking and a Bus

And then it was time to return home for the final time.

I, however, was not so terribly ready for all of this journey's implications...



Catching the bus back to Madrid meant that I would only get to "return home" one more time... meaning that not only would the next time I leave Madrid be not for a trip but for good... but that after these next few days, I no longer had an official "home" anymore again... :-/

In order to forget about all of these undesirable realizations, L and I got our delicious 1 euro BBQ chicken sandwiches (one for there, one for the road)...

 

and a 1 euro Kit-kat cone...


and plopped our asses down in the middle of the mall/train station (they were connected... it was weird... but oh-so-convenient) to do one thing and one thing only: Foreign People Watch.


Bliss.


^_^ If ever the people get boring to watch (and, believe me, they don't), you can always switch to Shoe Watching and see a parade of gorgeously adorned tootsies left and right. Hee hee... oh non-American shoes... so beautiful... damn. High heels. Leather sandals. Happiness.

After our 6 euro gourmet lunch, we walked around the mall/station waiting for our bus' departure. A strange area of mosaic sculptures and lots of odd pictures with them later...

 

we were on the bus (along with a bunch of really really Christian Africans...? Being an American, I have really only met African-Americans and not a whole lot of Africans and was surprised to observe that the two cultures, though stemming from the same continent, are absolutely nothing alike. Nothing.)

My first thought upon boarding thing bus? Boarding --> Planking --> Need Jenna Marbles Photo


Due to limited space, you can barely see what it is I'm doing. But rest assured... that is me planking on a bus on the south coast of Spain damnit! >_< It took a lot of crawling around and weird stares to achieve, okay?? Haha.


The bus ride home was a little bit lazy and a little bit coquettish. I.e. Perfection in a bus trip. ^_^ Still, I was so happy to be home at the end of a beachy weekend in the Costa del Sol. <3

XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario