viernes, 12 de agosto de 2011

Day 73: Chill'n - MTV Espana Style

Back in the day (elementary school, middle school, high school, even some college days), summer meant staying home, not changing out of my PJs, watching MTV and messing things up and then cleaning random things around the house at commercial breaks. I remember the good 'ol days of watching Trading Spaces for hours, of clearing everything out of the refrigerator so that I could properly clean the shelves and then rearranging everything when I put it back inside (I got SUCH satisfaction out of this), wearing the same PJs for days (or until we went to the pool or McD's and I had to change out of them real quick)... ah, Summer Bliss. Being a lazy bum is always the right answer.

And so when I woke up at noon today to the crazy screaming of the Crazy Spanish Neighbor Lady across the way, all alone in an empty apartment, I knew what I had to do: I had to re-create a perfect lazy summer day!

I stumbled into the kitchen to find chicken nuggets made just for me and ate a few before setting to work on Kiwi Compy, checking facebook, writing emails and catching up on failbook.com. Then the cleaning bug hit me and I swept all the floors, cleaned out the refrigerator, degreased the hood of the stove (that was sorta tricky but oh-so-satisfying!), learned that toothpaste really DOES shine silver (omg!) and polished my rings, Windexed the bathroom and glass doors, and dusted shelves. All the while, MTV - ESPANA was on and I got my fill of Next (the gay version - hell yes), Parental Control and My Super Sweet Sixteen all while practicing my Spanish listening comprehension! QUE GUAY! ;)

By the time L got home, things were all tidy and I was completely rejuvenated! Traveling and living close to other people is a hoot - but I hadn't had a Chelsea day to myself at home in months and months and months...!! L kept worrying I was so bored cooped up in her apartment, but nothing could have been further from the truth! ^_^ A day alone to do whatever I wanted and not leave was JUST what I needed!

*Blissful Summer Day*
XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario