lunes, 22 de agosto de 2011

Day 76: There's a sea and we don't have swimsuits? There's an H&M! Problem solved.

I woke up really, really late in the day. Does this surprise anybody? It shouldn't. I traditionally wake up late. And the night before had been spent on a BUS! But I guess when you're a guest in somebody's home who you don't eve know, it's rather bad form to sleep the whole day away. So at some point Sergio came and knocked on the door, giving me my sweet little Spanish wake-up call. LOL. I drank my Horchata, got ready as quickly as possible, and stumbled to the car, still half-asleep, to head into town.

As it turned out, Malaga was the place to be this weekend - festivities galore! All the women were dressed in their cute little polka-dot dresses and even some dogs were in the spirit! We wandered the streets, but they were too crowded and loud to really be terribly fun.


Wandering around we found some gorgeous buildings and cute little windy streets but the most exciting thing was when a random American lady ran into us saying her daughter had just gone missing and that added the most excitement to the afternoon... we thought she was trying to scam us, but we went around for a good 15 minutes looking for the girl and alerting the local police. Sheesh!


Little by little we wandered off the path of the festival and found a sweet little market housed in a big warehouse where we purchased authentic French bread, yummy yummy cheese, grapes and nectarines and olives with baby pickles stuck inside them (eww - those were for L). Next was an epic search for water / shandy, which we found an interminable 10 minutes of walking later (hot weather without liquids = not good for girls' moods). We found a bench and plopped our hungry butts down for a good, European meal. On the bench across from us, a little older lady sat and watched us, smiling to herself the whole time. Cute. :)


 After our delicious meal we called L's sisters and found out we'd been ditched in the city for the day. Had we had our bikinis, this would not have been a problem - we were mere blocks from the Mediterranean Sea and the beach - but we were most unfortunately quite clothed. And so? There was only one choice. Hit up H&M rebajas for some cheap swimwear!! ^_^ Mmmm...hell yes! We hit the fitting rooms, made our choices and were on the beach in no time! ;)



We wandered the beach (L swam, I maintained I was deathly afraid of all marine life and would get no where near the water) and had a late afternoon picnic of our left over goodies from lunch. Yummmmy. ^_^


All in all - a very relaxing and improptu beach visit! ^_^ YAY!


By the time L's sisters were back to pick us up and take us to the night fair, I was POOPED.


But the festivities had to go on!! ^_^ Supposedly, Malaga's night-time festival is one of the biggest in Spain - and it sure looked giant! Imagine a state fair - but with clubs and bars and dancers and rides and games and food and music everywhere!! Pretty sweet!! I particularly liked the pic of the three sisters and the random American girl (me) that Sergio took at the entrance. LOL.


My favorite things were that they call Cotton Candy "Algodon" (omg so cute) and the GIANT Ferris Wheel!!!


L's sisters were all about the bumper cars. L and were not. Or, well, I wasn't. Every single time I've bumper cared in the past, I've always ended up wetting my pants - and I really wasn't interesting in wetting my pants around people I barely knew. The first round I opted out, but when L's littlest sister came and asked if we wanted to go, my mouth answered "Si!" before my mind could respond, "No no no no no no no." >_< I giggled. My body got really sore from the head on crashes. And I did not wiz my pants. Successful? Sort of...

On our way out of the fair, we saw a bunch of ladies posing in their traditional Spanish Festival wear - CUTE!!!  ^_^


By the end of the night I was utterly ready to PASS OUT. *YAWN*

XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

1 comentario: