domingo, 7 de agosto de 2011

Day 70: Barcelona and the Case of the Sprained Ankle (Owwww...)

By 9:30 we were off the ship. By 11:30 I had successfully stressed myself out, grabbed Sam's suitcase 'cause he was dragging it down the stairs and it was seriously pissing me off, and fell down the stairs in Barcelona's metro station, successfully twisting (or - eek - spraining?) my ankle. >_< I swear I never used to fall down stairs until I met L - it must be the karma of her epic cupcake fall biting me in the ass. I was so upset that I barely felt my ankle's injury... but after walking all the way to the hotel with my bags, all the way back to the metro later on and all around Park Guell, I can honestly say my poor little ankle is swollen, stiff and really damn upset with me. :-/ *whimpers*

I mean, nobody told me what a ridiculous hill I'd have to trek up and down to get to this park - but the view of Barcelona from the top was awesome!! We could even see our ship on the horizon in the port!



On the way up the huge hill we stopped for a snack. Sam had a brownie and toast while I had a little empanada that looked and tasted like a giant tortellini with cheese, basil and tomato and a fresh little salad on the side - YUMMY! The cafe was so bright and colorful and cute!! ^_^

 
After a million hours of walking, we finally got to Park Guell itself!! YAY!! I felt as if I were in Vicky Christina Barcelona - tee hee!!

It was much different than I'd expected it, but I still enjoyed it tons! The crazy architecture and the the awesome colorful ceramics are amazing!!


After the park we went to get some dinner (well, sorta) and then headed back for the hotel, as we were pooped and my ankle was hurting so badly that G had to switch me shoes so I could wear her Birkenstocks back home. ARCH support, please.

XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario