martes, 14 de junio de 2011

Day 15: Quaint & Quotidian

Okay , L caught me. I've been called out for not blogging yesterday. Jeeze Louise. >_< I tried to catch up on my sleep but it's been made clear to me that writing is more important than rest. How could I have been so silly as to think differently? So... here we go... two pithy posts in a row!

After not having had to wake up to an alarm in three whole glorious days, being rudely awoken at 7:15 am, putting my feet on the ground and realizing that I could barely walk from the seven hours in three and a half inch heels marathon on Saturday night and not having time for my morning hot chocolate made it a tricky little morning to view as anything other than pure BS.

All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS for the time zone switch from American/Europe... if I didn't have emails and comments and people on Skype (not necessarily from America... <3) to talk to every morning at 7:15, I truly wonder if I'd be able to wake up and remain awake in the mornings. >_<

I'm unsure how I stayed awake during my classes (I took an 8 minute power nap during my afternoon break and seriously had about 28 vivid dreams so that when I awoke to my teacher's voice continuing our art history lesson, I felt as though I'd been dreaming for a few hours at least), but I managed to last until lunch. After I ate I fully intended to go to sleep, but Entre Fantasmas (Ghost Whisperer) was on and it was the cutest episode EVER!!

J Love's husband dies in an accident and at the last possible moment is soul somehow hijacks the body of a nearby person also in the accident and he is able to remain alive so that he can be with her!! Aww!!! I loved it so much because nobody believed her that this other guy had her husband's soul in him, but as she can see spirits and talk to them and such, and as she knew her husband better than anybody, she is CERTAIN this is the case. I know quite well how that feels to KNOW something is one way - in the name of love - but to have nobody else seem to believe you. The scene where her best friend tells her she's just grieving and it's all just an illusion and J Love starts shaking and crying was done so well! It's just that "I know I'm right and nobody will believe me but I know how ridiculous I sound but I trust this one spirit more than anybody in the whole universe and I don't care if NOBODY ever believes me ever again - I KNOW I'm right." <3 I ADORE this show!!!

Anyway, I went an studied with Megan after my siesta, finally saw my first Yellow Bug here in Spain and ran outside to take a picture of it (and, funny enough, L saw one too and took a picture around the same time -- double yellow bugs must be really good luck!) and walked home with Megan for dinner and more TV with the fam.

 OMG! It's Moxie's Spanish Cousin!! <3

Life is so quaint here. I feel like I'm in elementary school. Study dates with friends, walking home together with little backpacks. Dinner at a table with the TV on and everybody talking and making jokes. It's so adorable!!

Perhaps it wasn't an exciting day - but it was a sweet, tranquil day and I <3ed it. I wouldn't mind if my quotidian life felt like this quite often!

XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario