sábado, 25 de junio de 2011

Day 26: Being the guia for a change

Upon arriving home this morning for the first time in roughly 36 hours, my madre greeted me with a hearty, ¨Well haven´t seen YOU in a while!¨Hahahaha. Oh I <3 mi familia! I then spent my morning eating a raspberry filled chocolate bar, writing on Kiwi and getting ready for my Madrid adventure with Nina!!

It was the first time I´d been unleashed in Madrid as the guide, rather than the guided. Gotta say - it was a hoot. Nina and I went to lunch in a misty patio and I had my first big bowl of tortellini in months and months (Ask me. Ask me how much I love tortellini.), then it was off to explore quite randomly all over the place.

 
 I loved being the one to navigate the metro system and to find little cute places to stumble upon! Nina was a really great meandering buddy and she even obliged me in going to TWO different Desiguals in ONE afternoon!! We both got adorable, silly shirts and she helped convince me to finally give in and buy the same style of shoes that L has and I´ve not so secretly been wanting myself for weeks. Hee hee.

After our adventure was wrapping up, it was up to Nina to get back to Alcala all by herself. I gave her one of my maps and made it very clear how to get from the metro station we were at, to Atocha - Renfe, to the train to Alcala. She listened very intently and I navigated the metro on her own for a few stops before she asked if I had any younger siblings, because if not, it was a shame because I was a very sweet and patient teacher. Awwwww! <3

Nina: Braving Madrid's Public Transportation System SOLO!!
 After making sure Nina got on the right train to head back to Alcala, I ventured in the opposite direction to pick up L from work and go to a movie. It was my first movie theater movie all in Spanish and I was quite contented with how much I understood - especially considering most of it was jokes, and jokes are often trickier to understand correctly and fully the first time around! Hee hee. :)

I found this in Chueca and thought of Caylas IMMEDIATELY!!! I <3 my Caylas!!!

After the movie was a little stroll through Chueca, a slice of yummy pizza (which my mouth decided had nuts in it, so that was quickly followed by a large chocolate cookie ice cream bar - yum) and fin. ^_^ It was a nice, chill day to just meander through the streets of Spain with company!

XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario