jueves, 9 de junio de 2011

Day Eleven: Alta y Rubia ;)

I knew the day was going to be amazing when I went to History of Art class and little-gay-professor-man busted out the paints and the paint brushes! I've been missing my paints and canvases more than I had imagined I would. I even saw some at Corte Ingles (kinda like the Spanish version of Walmart, only classy) and thought about buying just a few colors and a few mini canvases... but I resisted. And so when I had the chance to bust out my inner kindergartener, I ran with it. Little-gay-professor-man could see my ignited passion and ran outside to get me a leaf or two so that I could do a prehistoric form of print making with them. The man is adorable, plain and simple. His snaps, his constant question during group reflection time of "mas cosas?!" with eyes lit up like those of a small child on Christmas morning, his endearing way of saying "tchicos y tchicas" every five seconds - how can you not <3 little-gay-professor-man?!

But as adorable as little-gay-professor-man and his painting extravaganza were today, I had no idea how enchanting my day was soon to become.

Okay. I can't do this. Really. Let's cut the literary crap here and just be honest:

I feel like I'm living in "The Lizzie McGuire Movie."

That's right. I said it. And I meant it. My life currently is truly as amazing as the life of Lizzie McGuire in her movie. Wait. No. It's better. 'Cause it's REAL. And no guys are involved... Yeah. Oh, and I'm not blond!

Which brings me to the epic story of the day, entitled, "Alta y Rubia," by Chelsea and Larisa:

Once upon a time there lived a Very Sweet Girl who was strolling through the park one day when she found a cell phone lost and quite without an owner, shivering alone on a park bench. "Oh my!" exclaimed the Very Sweet Girl, "This will not do! We must find your owner!" The Girl scooped up the trembling telephone and spent two days tracking down his rightful owner. When she finally got in contact with the poor phone's master, she set up a time and a place to meet to reunite the pair at last.

At a quarter past eight on the night of the reunion, the Very Sweet Girl and the tiny little cell phone were waiting anxiously for the Tall and Blond Girl Wearing a Golden Jacket to arrive at the predetermined meeting place. They waited and waited until the little cell phone rang and the Very Sweet Girl answered. The Tall and Blond girl was lost. Where were they supposed to meet again? The Very Sweet Girl repeated the directions and they hung up.

Five more minutes passed and no Tall and Blond girl in sight. A few minutes later, the tiny cell phone rang again. The Tall and Blond girl was lost. Weren't they supposed to meet in front of the McDonald's? she asked. Once again the Very Sweet Girl nicely informed her of her erroneous notions and said she'd meet her near McDonald's. Seven minutes later and still no sign of Tall and Blond girl, the tiny cell phone rang once more. The Tall and Blond girl was lost. Weren't they supposed to meet in the bottom of the train station? For the third time the Very Sweet Girl tried her best not to laugh and come across as fed up (though, by this point, she surely was) and told the Tall and Blond girl to wait where she was inside and that she would find her. Six minutes later and still no sign of the Tall and Blond girl, the Very Sweet Girl called this time, asking where on earth she could be. Weren't they supposed to meet outside on the other side of the station?

By this time, the Very Sweet Girl's friend, the Very Giggly Girl, politely opined that perhaps the two of them were on the Spanish version of Punk'd or Candid Camera or the like. The Very Sweet Girl responded that if the Tall and Blond girl did not show up in the next five minutes, the poor tiny cell phone would be left to fend for itself in the grand train station, and we would leave, having known that we tried to do right by Karma. Just as they two began to giggle, the Tall and Blond girl showed up and thanked the two girls warmly, if not ditzily, and all was alas restored to its natural order yet again, Karma now on the side of the Very Sweet Girl.

Fin.

I'm sorry. That was unnecessarily long, but I wanted to make you feel exactly how it felt - tedious, but amusing. A true story, this took 45 minutes to play itself out. But seriously, I was kinda excited to think I might be on a European version of Candid Camera! I started fixing my hair and everything just in case it turned out to be the case! Haha. Alta y Rubia. Alta y Rubia. It was the only explanation we had for the situation... Forreal.

It's 2 am and I haven't even made it to 9 pm in my day on here... so I'll resume when I awake. I can't believe I wrote all the silly stuff first and saved the important part for last. That's unlike me. But it's 2 am in Spain and I couldn't even begin to do it justice...

XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario