martes, 14 de junio de 2011

Day 16: Epic School Day

For a girl who is used to an hour or two of class per day, this truly felt a little ridiculous, as dorky as that sounds. When was the last time I had class from 9 am to 6 pm? I guess high school was 7:20 'til 2:45 or something like that? And then debate practice would go for an hour or two? I don't know how teenagers pull that off - the only reason I survived was that the academic gods smiled upon me and gave me two breaks, each an hour long, in which I chose to wander around Alcala aimlessly. My fave!

 I found these little cardboard Raptors in the window of a store... had to take a pic of them for Lauren and Cassie! <3 
*raptor walking around Alcala*

Art history class got a little crazy when we got to pretend to make frescoes with clay - haha. We had to take them home to "work on them" but mine cracked and dried way before I even got half way home. As it turns out, they mean it when they say summer is hot in Spain. This is why they sell Popsicles on every street corner. And thank goodness for the heat, 'cause the past week was a little chilly for my taste!

Anyway, our pattern was supposed to be strictly Muslim in style, but I snuck a little koala bear into the whole composition. Let's see if anybody notices when we bring it back Monday to paint!!

I got home with enough time to be forced into eating pasta salad and to change my clothes before venturing back out. I see how Karma is coming back to thank me for the copious amount of time I'd spent with Brazilian every single night with studying and arguing over tiny little details of English (hee hee - <3 you, B!), 'cause tonight L helped me study for my poetry midterm that's tomorrow morning! Hee hee! People in the class seem a little freaked about the test, but L treated it as if it were a test for preschoolers and I haven't looked at the poems since. Haha. I'll leave my iPod at home tomorrow so that I have no choice but to read them on the bus and maybe show up early to have a hot chocolate and review the corresponding history to each poem/poet.

Okay! There! I wrote something! Nothing profound - but something nonetheless. Tomorrow's it's off to the Prado with my super gay art history teacher (How excited am I? *squeal* This trip tomorrow is the whole reason I decided to take this class!) and then a late night rendezvous to watch the lunar eclipse. ^_^ I swear after these two silly midterms I'll be back to fill you in on the excitement around here! It's just... I suppose the reason I'm seriously supposedly here is to pass a few classes so that I can graduate college a year early, and now would not be the time to mess that one up... just say'n.

XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario