domingo, 5 de junio de 2011

Day SEVEN: *reflection*

I forgot to mention how last night when I came home my padres asked how my day was and I said it was very fun 'cause I was with Megan and we've hit it off. They asked why I liked her and I said 'cause we're the two "peculiar ones" of the group and we're pretty sure everybody's already figured that out. My familia laughed and mi padre said, "Yeah, I too have gathered that you're very peculiar!" Mi madre nodded her head in agreement and said, "But so is our Maria. And that's that." Hahaha. ^_^ I love that my uniqueness / "peculiarness" even translates to foreign countries so quickly and so thoroughly. LOL.

So today I successfully awoke at 1 pm - w00t - and went straight to my compy (duh). It's so cute how the time zone works -- because while I'm asleep it's prime time for people to be on facebook, etc. So when I wake up it's like Christmas every morning with new messages and new posts and new things to read! ^_^

Anyway, last night I randomly made a friend. She lives two train stops away in Torrejon. Megan is with her familia all day because it is her hermanita's birthday... so I'm going to go meet up with Larisa in la Parque Europa later this afternoon! Should be an adventure - haha. I'll of course keep you posted.

As I was laying in bed last night I couldn't help but think how much has happened in a week. At exactly this time a week ago I was leaving for the airport to go to Spain. In seven days I've managed to gain a whole new family, a really good friend, new classes, better command over a foreign language, understanding of multiple foreign public transportation routes, etc. It's weird how life can happen so fast if you find the right opportunities and leave yourself completely open to them. Clearly there's a profound lesson in all of this, but I'm still working on getting to the bottom of it...

Time to get ready for my day!
XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario