domingo, 26 de junio de 2011

Day 28: To market, to market

And now, for a photo tour of my Sunday! *letsgo!*


We all woke up early and got dressed up to go to the Sunday market in Madrid! YAY! These fruit men were so excited when they figured out Nina and I were American that they gave us nectarines. So random, guys, but thanks. So much for everybody hating Americans.


These are the crazy buildings you can see from the other side of Madrid when you are high up on the hills overlooking the city. It was jolting to see them up close and personal!


At first the 40 degree C weather was charming. Yay for blazing rays and effortless tanning and always feeling sun-kissed. But after about a week, it's charm has worn off and I'm just - plain a simple - HOT. And so, L (dressed adorably) and I decided it was HIGH time to purchase adorably quaint Spanish fans. ^_^ Awww!! She had to teach me the pretentious, Spanish way to open the fan and begin fanning yourself all in one, effortless motion, and I think I understand how to properly snap my wrist to accomplish such a glamorous feat, but I still need hella practice!

Annnnnd it's brunch time. That's right, we found Apple/Carmalized Onion Ravioli! They didn't taste that different from normal cheese ravioli, but it was the crazy box that counted. Ha. Oh, and a picture of me being really hot and hungry, just so you get the feeling of just how hot (40 degrees C - look it up) it truly is around here.

After a quick siesta, it was time to head back to Alcala to prepare dinner for my family. I'd told them I'd be in charge of dinner since they'd had to drive five hours back this afternoon from visiting Jesus' mother in the hospital. Being me, I of course chose to prepare Sukiyaki followed by berry tartlettes - something that takes apparently five grocery bags full of food to make. L and Maria helped me chop up everything and cook it and both told me I'd purchased waaay too much food, but after everybody tried it and had huge portions, only a small tupperwear container is left. It was cute my family enjoyed the meal so much, but circumstances that will be further expounded upon tomorrow left a sour taste in my mouth in regards to the whole thing. I'm going to bed more upset than I've been since I left the USA. At least we know I'm still capable of feeling the full spectrum of emotions, I guess... blech.

Night night
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario