lunes, 20 de junio de 2011

Day 22: Family Bonding Day! Cuuuute!!

Upon arriving home from school for comida, I was greeted with the idea of going to the Factory (outlet mall) this afternoon on the one condition that I made cupcakes before it was time to leave. Haha! I quickly ate up and got to work making my masterpieces. I have to admit, it's been since Christmas time since I made cupcakes (after you have a Gigi's or a Bloom, they're just not the same...), but mi madre went all the way to the store to find magdalena molds and everybody was pretty damn excited to try these mysterious "cupcakes." This word does not exist in Spain, so they kept trying to call them "Moo-fins," to which mi padre would quickly inform the perpetrator that, according to my blog, "moo-fins" and "cupcakes" were nothing the same and in fact were in an ongoing fight against one another. Hahaha. So cute.


After I successfully filled the house with the sumptuous aroma of freshly baked chocolate cupcakes, we piled in the car and headed towards the outlet mall. I'm used to open-air outlet malls that are kinda crappy but have good deals. This one, however, was in a very chic sort of mall and quite nice. Maria and I split off from Cruz and Jesus and basically made a beeline for Desigual. Hell. Yes.



We scoured the place and tried on piles of clothing and got input from Cruz, too! Needless to say, Maria and I both left with a bag full of goodies and met up with Cruz and Jesus, who informed us that there was a deal on fake Chucks a few stores down. Maria and I both picked out bright yellow ones and deemed ourselves "shoe sisters" - hee hee. They were my little treat for the day and I thought it was adorable they bought me yellow shoes! <3 I adore mi famila so so much. Maria got me eye shadow and nail polish too a few stores down.






Jesus was doing a little shopping, too... hee hee hee...


After shopping we stopped and got tapas to tide us over 'til dinner. We went home for a quick change into our new outfits and quickly left to celebrate Jorge's birthday! Aww! It was an adorable family affair - hee hee. Below is a pic of Jorge with his new Ray Ban sunglasses he got for his birthday...


FAMILY PHOTO - AWWWW!!! <3 I wonder which one is the American... oh, wait... that's pretty darn obvious... >_<


Maria, Me & Jesus! CUTE!


When we got home, everybody waited for me in the living room to frost and sprinkle the cupcakes so they could try them. Here's how they turned out:


Cruz eating her cupcake...


Jesus' cupcake vanished in about five seconds...


I realize sharing my love of cupcakes with mi familia is a pretty major thing. I mean, most Europeans don't even know what cupcakes are, much less have tried them from a professional cupcake lover's own Pillsbury Funfetti mix! But still -- this is one of those rare cases in which I feel even a bajillion cupcakes aren't enough to express my gratitude to mi familia for taking me to the factory (iloveshoppingomg) and buying me little treats (aww!! <3) and taking me with them to Jorge's birthday dinner (cute!) and making me giggle (not that this is a hard thing to do... but they genuinely seem to enjoy my giggle and that makes me happy) and being patient with my Spanish when I get all in a a confused tither(damn)  and being way cooler than the other familias and joking with me when I leave at night that they'll "probably just see me tomorrow, then" (cuz it's so true) and making really yummy food (forreal) and judging the awful fashion sense of the news anchors (it's hilarious and makes the news interesting) and reading my blog (that's so sweet) and folding my underwear (I still think that's weird, but I bet the first time I do laundry and have to put away my own underwear, I'll fold them just to feel like I'm back here)  and.... damn. I <3 living with them.

I'm looking forward to my next random family bonding day -- but til then I know a million more adventures await! YAY!


XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario