miércoles, 1 de junio de 2011

Dia Nº 3: El primera dia de classes

To begin, let's share a picture of mis padres espanoles...


Jesus y Cruz. :o) Last night mi padre asked me in Spanish, "You know how Jesus died, right? Yeah - on the cross (Cruz)!" HAHAHA!!! ^_^ I don't have pictures of Jorge or Maria yet but... I DO have a picture I took of Deu the Dog this morning while he ate breakfast with me!!




So today was the first day of school. I'm taking Spanish Poets in the morning and Spanish Art in the afternoon. Bascially, I thus far adore my classes in Spain. I´m pretty sure this is exactly what college was SUPPOSED to be like. No wonder the Brazilian likes it so much! ;o) They actually TEACH you stuff in the classes *gasp* and then make you talk about things they've TAUGHT you. I seem to be one of two or three in each of my classes (my classes only have 7 and 10 people, respectively) who actually has a decent command over the Spanish language, though. I love that the classes are 2.5 hours long because it reminds me of DUHS and I feel like you actually have time to learn something valuable in that amount of class time.

While we only have class four days a week for four weeks, I'm pretty sure we're getting in way more learning time than a semester at the UW. Classes there are about 90 minutes and only twice a week... so that's... 3 hours per week... and about 12 weeks of school... 36 hours of class total??? And that's not figuring in the pointless chit chat, the multiple classes skipped biweekly out of sheer pointlessness and boredom, etc. Here we get 40 hours of class total and it doesn't take almost 5 months of busy work to complete it. What a RIP OFF... jeeze louise.

Here's a cute picture of my school I snapped right before mi madre came to pick me up. :o)



Tonight I have to learn to take the bus to and from school. Should be exciting! This morning mi madre drove me there early and showed me around la Plaza de Cervantes; I couldn't believe how OLD the buildings are -- 16th century is the norm! >_<

It's 15:30 and I'm home for "siesta." Yep. It's a real thing. We had a yummy lunch, watched the news, and had strawberries and ice cream for dessert - YUM. Now it's nap time before venturing on the bus back to Plaza de Cervantes for my Alcala tour tonight with my group! More later!

XOXO
Jet-set Cupcake

3 comentarios:

  1. que celosa estoy! tenga buen tiemo! te echo de menos, chica-- cuando regreses, debemos juntarnos, verdad?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You are one lucky kid Chelsea Prehn!!! What an experience! I see you brought cupcakes! How cute!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. And happy Solar Eclipse Day @ midnight your time! Says you will be traveling a far way from home! duh

    ResponderEliminar